The 4th Annual ISY Mini Maker Fair - 6th April, 2019 9:00 am to 12 Noon
What is a Maker fair?
A Maker Fair is an exhibition where students and adults alike come together to display things that they have designed, engineered or created. Exhibitors will have a space where they can show off their creations, offer explanations and demonstrations and sometimes allow participants to experience an activity. We have had authors with their books, students with homemade virtual reality goggles, an adult with Alpine Horns made from plumbing supplies and everything in between. It is a rich and varied experience.
What kinds of projects fit into a Maker Fair?
- Cosplay and Costumes
- Circuits and digital creations
- Computer Games and Other Programmed Projects
- Science, Biology/Biotech, and Chemistry Projects
- Interactive, Kinetic Art Projects (tabletop to large-scale)
- Craft (all kinds)
- E-Textiles and Wearables
- Sustainability & Green Tech
- Innovative Food Makers (no selling, just showing off)
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Puppets, Kites, Toys and Other Whimsical Creations
- Music Instruments Made by Hand
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (vacuums, clocks, washing machines, etc.)
- Lots of other things - what did you create? We want to see it!
How can I participate?
If you want to come and exhibit your work we'll need to know by Friday March 1st. We need time to plan where everyone will go and to make sure we have any equipment you need available at your booth. This might be electrical outlets for instance. To register your project please fill out the 2019 ISY Maker Fair Form. Exhibitors will be able to set up their stands from 8:00am.
If you want to come along and just see the show then you're welcome. The fair will start at 9:00am on Saturday 6th April and run until 12:00 noon.
We look forward to seeing you there!