Step 1: Review ISY website and admissions information. See application checklist for a visual representation of the process
Step 2: Prepare scanned copies (PDF) of the following documents, needed for upload into the application:
- applicant’s passport (photo page only)
- applicant’s Myanmar visa - if applicable, and only if available at the time of applying
- recent photograph of the applicant
- applicant’s immunization record in English
- report cards or transcripts - for last 2 school years (current and previous academic years)
(translated into English if they are in another language)
PreK and KG applicants: report cards are only required if the applicant has attended a school prior to this application
- recent external assessment/ standardized test score (for applicants to Grades 3-12 only).
Norm-referenced assessments including ERB, CTP, MAP, Wrap, SAT, CAT, STAR, SSAT, ISEE, PSAT, College Board’s SAT, ACT, NAPLAN, etc.
Applicants who do not have any recent standardized test scores can take the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test). Or, they can opt to take an admissions test at ISY. In this case, please upload a request to take the admissions assessment at ISY. Please note: Results of the assessment taken at ISY are not available for the applicant’s review. The admissions assessments at ISY are administered by appointment, and applicants must contact the Admissions Office in advance to schedule the appointment.
- writing sample (for applicants to grade 6-12). Applicants must upload a recent teacher-graded written assignment which was completed for Language Arts/ English.
- Any other relevant documentation - IEP, 504, etc
Step 3: Request current school to complete and send directly to ISY, the confidential recommendation form
Step 4: Pay application fee of US$ 300. This can be paid as cash, bank transfer or via credit card. Please refer to the banking information on the fees and tuition page. Don’t forget to include applicant details on the remittance advice and email a copy to ISY. Receive a fee code from ISY’s Admissions Office to add to the final page of the online application.
Step 5: Submit the online application.
Step 6: Receive automatic confirmation from PowerSchool Registration. Also an email acknowledgement from ISY
Step 7: Monitor application checklist (on parent portal of PowerSchool Registration) to see if the application is complete. ISY will post any requests for missing documentation on this parent portal of the online application system.
Step 8: For PreK and KG applicants - Request an observation/ Wait for ISY’s email invitation to an observation.
Observations are typically conducted in March or April of each year. Please contact the Admissions Office for details about the observations. A reminder that all PreK and KG applicants must be toilet trained to be considered for admission.
Please click this link to see a visual of this process.
There are three possible outcomes after an application is reviewed:
- ISY emails admissions offer to the applicant
- Applicant accepts admissions offer via email
- Applicant pays USD $1,000 admissions deposit by the deadline
- Start date is confirmed after receipt of deposit
- Applicant is eligible but the grade level at ISY is at capacity in terms of number or nationality cap
- Applicant will be placed in the waitpool
- Whenever a space becomes available in the grade level, an applicant will be selected from the waitpool on the basis of “best fit”
- ISY is unable to offer admission to the applicant
- Our admission decisions are based on available human resources, the school’s ability to provide high quality learning opportunities for all students, and the family’s support of the school’s vision, policies & programs
- Factors that are taken into account are an applicant’s capability to maintain progress in our international, college-preparatory program with support services as appropriate available within ISY’s Inclusion program guidelines; proficiency or having the ability to achieve proficiency (as determined by school-administered testing) in ISY’s academic programs; and proficiency or having the ability to achieve proficiency (as determined by school-administered testing) in the English language
- The applicant may reapply for the next academic year
Please note that applications that are incomplete will not be reviewed.