The purpose of the program is to provide a Myanmar National student entrance to ISY as a Grade 8 student with a scholarship that remains valid until graduation from Grade 12. There are two scholarships available every year starting in Grade 8.
- To establish a program of Inclusion to ensure differentiated instruction for all our students.
- To be a leader in Service Learning, contributing to change in our community.
- To celebrate Cultural Diversity promoting greater awareness of our host country culture.
Applications Open November 1st 2018
Applications Close February 15th 2019
Students applying for the scholarship program at ISY must:
- be a Myanmar national and should reside in the Yangon region. Applicants are required to provide a copy of their Household Registration Book;
- graduate from Grade 12 at ISY before their 20th birthday. (The applicant's date of birth should be after November 1, 2005 and no later than October 31st 2006.
- currently be a student at a school / educational institution within Myanmar;
- show exceptional promise and involvement in areas of learning at ISY including academics, sports, art, music or other activities;
- complete the ISY Scholarship Application Form in full and provide all required documentation.
The ISY experience provides students with a challenging international education that equips learners with the skills and experiences necessary to enter the next phase of their lives as fully rounded global citizens.
- Founded in 1955
- Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12
- Over 47 nationalities in attendance
- 98% of ISY's graduates attend colleges and universities of their choice around the world.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- ISY Student population - 774
- American Curriculum
- IB Diploma Program