Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten
Please note the start time change for the 2019-2020 School Year. Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) will start at 8:00am and end at 1:30pm. Kindergarten (KG) will start at 8:00am and end at 2:45pm.
The Early Childhood grade levels provide a learning environment for over 100 students where young children feel happy, safe, nurtured, and challenged academically.
Educational practices of the highest quality take place in every classroom as students are encouraged think creatively and critically. Children learn to communicate effectively and to develop problem-solving skills while they are actively engaged in academic activities based on developmentally appropriate standards-based curriculum.
Our faculty consists of highly experienced and highly qualified professionals who are committed to the learning and the development of each student. Every classroom teacher has a teaching assistant, which allows individual and special attention for every child.
The Early Childhood Program offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities wherein children have an opportunity to further develop physically, socially, and cognitively.
Our parents play an integral role in the life of our school; they are partners in the education process. Parents help to make the school a welcoming and warm family environment.
It is a great pleasure to be a part of this beautiful learning environment that we all collectively foster here at ISY. We welcome you to visit our campus and feel the warmth and kindness that creates the uniqueness of our educational offerings.
Elementary School Supply List for the 2019-20 School Year
All elementary school students should arrive to school with the following items:
- Durable school backpack
- Re-usable water bottle
- Lunch box
- Hat (to protect from the sun - typically a baseball cap)
- Headphones with mic (should be able to connect to a phone via cable)
Additionally, for PreK to Grade 1:
Change of clothes (one set)
Please label all items with first and last names. Individual grade levels may request additional supplies; however, those will be requested after the first day of school.
Physical Fitness and Health (PF&H) Kit
- Athletic/running shoes (closed toe and closed heel). Sandals, flip-flops, and Crocs are not allowed.
- Reusable water bottle
- Hat (for sun protection)
- Appropriate clothes for PF&H days (i.e., comfortable, breathable shirts, shorts, etc.)
- Bathing Suit (wet suits of any kind are not allowed)
- Girls: A one-piece bathing suit. Two-piece suits are not allowed. Girls may choose to wear swim trunks and a swim shirt if preferred.
- Boys: Swim suit or swim trunks. PE shorts or non-swimming shorts are not allowed.
- Swimming shirts. Non-swim shirts are not allowed.
- Swim Cap
Music (for performances)
The performance uniform is to help the students look united while performing. Concerts are special and dress should reflect the occasion. Please be prepared for the two concert seasons.
- Black pants or black skirt (please no shorts, sweat pants or casual fabrics)
- Solid white collared shirt with buttons (for boys - no t-shirts)
- Solid white dress shirt (for girls - no t-shirts)
- Black dress shoes